Monday, March 12, 2007

Hustled By My 6-Year Old Grandson

The weather has been wonderful, it feels like Spring! Although it may not last I know I’m enjoying it while it’s here.

Over the weekend my 2 grandsons spent Saturday morning with me and of course they wanted to go outside and play and I did to. We started at the swing set, then went to climbing trees and ended up playing basketball. The 3 of us were having a good time shooting baskets when my 6 year old grandson challenged me to a game of basketball which I accepted. We decided we were going to play to “30”. I made the first 2 points, but my grandson made the next 10; making the score 10 – 2. Now I never had an intension of playing to win; besides I’m not sure I could if I tired. However I was surprised when he announced to me we were playing for money. I asked him just how much we were playing for. He replied that if he won I was to pay him $30. A little surprised I asked him what I got if I won. He replied I would get to keep my $30, I thought what a little “hustler” already! Being a good sport I told him I would just have to get serious about this game and “kick his butt” which he just laughed at because he knew he could kick my butt and he did. I did make a come back though, I think the final score was 30-24 but I still loss. And NO I did not give him $30.

No comments: