Sunday, March 4, 2007

Lost and Busted

I just finished my 2nd week at my new job. I’m getting the routine down, especially the lunch routine. There are several that order out everyday and then either I or the other girl in the office will go pick it up for everyone. Wednesday I told everyone in the office we had to eat at Panera Bread because I wanted there Potato Soup and it was on the soup menu for Wednesday. Everyone was agreeable and it was decided I would go pick it up.

I took the company vehicle and made my way to Panera Bread, no problem. As I was leaving I turned wrong and did not get back on the 4 lane and got on a 2 lane instead. No problem, so I thought. I knew I was heading in the right direction; surely I would come out to the 4 lane. The landscape was still looking familiar so I kept going. It wasn’t long and I was out by the Arena; I thought I knew where I was at, so I kept going. It wasn’t long and I didn’t know where I was at. Don’t panic I told myself just do some back tracking and I’ll be fine. Good plan except for one problem I wasn’t expecting – A FLAT TIRE!

I was in a company vehicle in the middle of no where with a flat tire. I was so busted. My original plan was to find my way back to the 4 lane go back to the office and not tell anyone about my driving adventure, but unfortunately that wasn’t meant to me. I had my cell phone; called the office and told them where I was; the response was “Your Where?” Oh Yeah I was so lost and so busted.

My boss did come to my rescue and got me back to the office safe with food in hand. As we were eating lunch (finally) and the teasing started, I in good humor laughed with everyone. At one point I was told “We’re not laughing at you, we are laughing with you.” I replied “If you can’t laugh at yourself than what can you laugh at!”

FYI – that company truck now as 4 new tires!

No comments: