Sunday, April 29, 2007

Furnishing A House

My son is getting ready to move into his first apartment. Of course that means he needs furniture. We had told him that he could bring his bedroom suit so he will have a bed. Since he will be moving in with his girlfriend, soon to be wife, they are getting a kitchen table and chairs from her parents. Now I have wanted new living room furniture for quite some time. We have a three piece group now, couch, love seat and recliner. The love seat reclines and it is broke, in fact we had to rearrange the furniture just so we could put it against the wall so we could still sit in it. I have offered to let them take our couch and chair which they gladly accepted and we are throwing the love seat away. I figured I would have to go a short time without any living room furniture, at least until I found what I wanted. So the plan was to purchasing new furniture and flooring for the living room. Plans sometimes have a way of changing, because now our TV goes out tonight; another expense. I have already committed the living room furniture to my son and girlfriend so I not going to tell them now “no you can’t have our living room furniture”. It looks like I just won’t have any living room furniture for awhile because we are buying a TV! It is really kind of ironic, my husband and I have been married for 30 years and my son and his girl friend are just moving in together, they are going to have their apartment fully furnished and we are going to have a bare living room except for a TV. It almost sounds like we are the ones just starting out not them.

No comments: